- 4 Wooden Dowels(I used skewers)
- Poster Board
- Scrap Booking Paper
- Construction Paper
- Red and Black Flat Paint
- Xacto Knife
- Elmer's Poster Board Glue Stick
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Sharpie Maker
- Start by painting your dowels so they have time to dry before you attach them to the bed.
- Then Draw your bed shapes on the poster board and cut them out with an xacto knife. We went with an 11"x6" mattress and mirrored the canopy with the same size.
- Glue your scrap booking paper and construction paper to the pieces of board that make the canopy then attach them together.
- My measurements weren't exact, so to mask the gaps I added hot glue "Candy Drips" underneath the edges then painted them red to match Frankie Stein's shoes.
- Then measure and cut out your board to create the mattress.
- Cut and glue fabric/paper to the mattress pieces. I used a black satin fabric for the mattress "Sheet" and red construction paper for the "Dust Ruffle".
- Hot glue your Mattress together.
- Attach your posts to the corners of your mattress with hot glue. Then glue your canopy to the posts.
- Frankie usually has a candy accessory in her hair, so to match I cut and colored two candy shapes for the head and foot boards and attached them to the bed with hot glue. For the foot board I attached an extra piece of poster board do that the candy piece would pop off the bed and create a more 3d effect.
- Then I glued pieces of netting around the 4 corners of the bed and tied a bow around them which gave the bed a really nice touch.
- I used extra pieces of fabric and batting I had to make two pillows and a blanket.
Below are step by step pics on how I made the bed to get your creative juices flowing...